On every Golf Tour in South Africa, it is essential to know what to pack and that you pack the correct gear to avoid any mishaps while on tour. Below is a guideline for some of the basic requirements.
Your Luggage should consist of:
- Golf Bag and Locker Room Change Bag
- Your Main Travel suitcases (max. weight =20 kg)
- One item of hand luggage (e.g. a small backpack)
- Passport (For the International traveller)
- Warm Jacket – check destination weather conditions pre-departure
- Swimming Costume (In season)
- Natural Clothing
- Suitable Golfing attire – Check Club Rules
- A pair of lightweight long pants and a lightweight long-sleeve shirt (to use against the sun)
- Comfortable walking shoes and strops/sandals and golf shoes
- Camera Equipment, Binoculars, and lots of spare memory cards & batteries
- Personal Toiletries in a small bag, not a vanity case
- Suntan Lotion and block out for the face
- Malaria Prophylaxis. (Northern Namibia, Botswana and Kruger National Park)
- Mosquito repellent lotion/spray
All travellers booking a golf tour in Southern Africa must have adequate medical Aid and or insurance. This is compulsory as activity providers at certain may refuse participation in activities without proper insurance in place. Should you not have medical insurance you may be required to pay cash before being airlifted should this become necessary.
Please note that we need to be informed of any pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes or asthma or any other condition that requires prescription medicine. Please note that GolfTraveller or any of its travel partners will not be held liable or responsible for damage or loss to such medication and the safekeeping of such medication must be looked after by its respective user.
For Golftraveller and its travel partners to properly cater whilst on tour, it is important to inform us at the point of booking should there be any special dietary requirement. Please note this is required should meals be included on your tour.
Visas (International Travellers)
As visa requirements vary considerably from country to country and nationality to nationality, please contact the various embassies or a visa service agent in your home country to re-check your visa requirements at least 4 weeks prior to travelling.
Please note that visas are the responsibility of the traveller and that Golftraveller or its partners will not be held responsible for guests being denied entry should they not be in the possession of the relevant visas.